Panic attacks, social anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), phobias, psychosexual problems, obsessional compulsive disorders (OCD), raised stress levels and anxiety related to work, money, health, surgery, childbirth, terror threats and dying are a problem for increasing numbers of people – causing untold suffering and costing the taxpayer huge sums of money.
Outstanding training! Highly practical.Occupational therapist
Why take this course
Prolonged and excessive anxiety also makes us susceptible to a wide range of mental health disorders and physical illnesses. But we needn’t put ourselves – or those we care for – at risk like this.
On this popular course, Joe Griffin shows you the best ways to reduce anxiety and successfully treat a wide range of anxiety-disorders. He also explains the evolutionary basis of anxiety and looks at why it isn’t just ill health that causes anxiety in normal people but anxiety that causes ill health (for example, when raised anxiety levels suppress the immune system).
This indisputable mind/body link makes it essential that all health and welfare professionals are equipped with the knowledge and skills to reduce anxiety in people quickly – in order to reduce suffering and offer more effective treatment and care.
What will you learn
- New information about the biological and psychological forces that make people anxious
- How these insights improve treatment
- A deeper understanding of stress and what we can do to reduce it
- Effective techniques for dealing with insomnia, a frequent symptom of stress
- Useful ways to measure anxiety levels
- The five most effective techniques for reducing anxiety
- Techniques and information that will increase your confidence and effectiveness when treating panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias, PTSD, psychosexual problems and OCD
- An overview of what happens in the brain when we become anxious
- Increased understanding of the causes of anxiety disorders, such as OCD, PTSD and severe phobias
- Effective ways to reduce anxiety related to health, dying, surgery and childbirth
- The importance of the mind/body link – and why increased anxiety and stress levels make us susceptible to physical and mental health problems
- An understanding of why anxiety-related illnesses are increasing
- Knowledge of why therapy for anxiety disorders should be brief – the benefits compared to drug treatments
- An understanding of the ‘fast phobia cure’ or ‘rewind’ technique and how to use it to resolve post traumatic stress – often in as little one session
- Increased understanding of the causes of phobias and what can be done to remove them
- How to inoculate against the harmful effects of stress
- Ways to reduce the drugs needed in surgery and childbirth
- How to deal with panic attacks and ascertain if they are being caused by hyperventilation
- Case history examples which highlight how the techniques covered can be easily implemented
- Techniques for reducing your own anxiety levels
- Ways to build resilience into our own lives as well as our clients’
- Course notes
- CPD certificate, that also counts towards the Human Givens Diploma
- and much more…
Truly empowering, thank you.Teacher / Counsellor
Who is this course suitable for?
- All health and welfare professionals who’d like to know about more effective and rapid treatments for anxiety disorders
- Educational and other professionals – in fact anyone who works or lives in a stressful environment that raises anxiety levels
- Any friends, family or colleagues of people affected by anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, OCD, trauma or stress who would like to understand the causes and symptoms of anxiety disorders – as well as discovering the quickest and most effective ways to treat them successfully
- Anyone who would like to deepen their understanding of anxiety disorders and discover why increasing numbers of people suffer from them today
- Anyone – whether for professional or personal reasons – who wishes to be more effective at reducing anxiety in themselves as well as others
‘Understanding Anxiety’ is based on our one-day seminar of the same name. This online version is split into 4 modules, each of which are broken down further into different sections containing filmed lectures given in English by the tutor, Joe Griffin.
Each film clip is followed by a short series of multiple choice questions. These are designed to help you think about and absorb the course content and to check that you have understood the main points of that section before proceeding to the next.
There are also course notes for you to download, plus additional reading information and helpful links.
You can take as long as you like to work your way through the course and can view it as many times as you like.
Once you have completed the course, you will receive a CPD certificate, which counts towards the Human Givens Diploma.
This has been my most enjoyable and useful course so far. I feel more effective as a therapist, simply by having attended and I can't wait to put some of the knowledge into practice.Therapist / Coach
Thanks to your courses, I feel inspired again for the first time in many years.Specialist Palliative Care Social Worker
Extremely useful training – it will be a great help to be able to explain to those I work with what the causes of their physical symptoms really are.Registered Mental Nurse