The first stage of the Human Givens Diploma is made up of 8 online courses and 8 attended 1- and 2-day workshops, plus some additional home study.
We recommend you take at least a couple of the following courses before committing yourself to the whole Diploma just to make sure our training’s right for you – you will learn plenty on every course that you can immediately use in your work, or will find personally beneficial.
Part 1 Diploma-linked Courses
To help you get the most out of each course, we recommend taking them in the following order wherever possible.
- How to make counselling more effective (online)
- Effective Brief Psychotherapy (online)
- From Stress to Psychosis: how to prevent mental illness (online)
- Guided Imagery and visualisation for therapeutic change (1-day workshop)
- How to break the cycle of depression (online)
- Understanding anxiety & managing it without drugs (online)
- The therapeutic power of language (2-day workshop)
- How to lift depression – the practical skills you need (1-day workshop)
- How to tell stories that heal (1-day workshop)
- Tacking Addiction: understanding and treating all types of addictive behaviours (online)
- Brief Therapy for Stopping Addictions (1-day workshop)
- Effective Anger Management (online)
- The Fast Phobia & Trauma Cure (rewind technique) (2-day workshop)
- Improving Relationships: at work, at home and in the community (1-day workshop)
- How to control Chronic Anxiety (1-day workshop)
- Ethics for the caring professions (online)
You must have completed all of these courses by the time you attend Part 2.
Marvellous courses. Human givens ideas connect with the real world. When adopted more widely they will save the country millionsPaul Grant
Excellent training as ever, continually updated with new understanding and techniques. Thank you.Counsellor
…these skills [for managing anger] are priceless not only for my work but also my family life! The human givens approach is the way forwardSocial Worker Mental Health
There is a fascinating Reading List for the Diploma which you will need to read and absorb before attending Part 2.
You are also encouraged to practice the various new skills you are learning on Part 1 as often as possible so you can derive the most benefit from Part 2.
The cost of Part 1 of the Human Givens Diploma is the total price paid for taking the above 16 diploma-linked courses (8 online and 8 attended).
The final amount you pay, however, will depend on how you work through the course and whether you take advantage of our special offers – the maximum amount you will pay for the courses on Part 1 is £3,192.