Benefits of the human givens approach
Wherever it is implemented – in mental wellbeing and physical health, social care, education, coaching, business or diplomacy – people soon recognise that the HG approach benefits everyone.
This is why:
- It gives us a clear framework of what all human beings need to live mentally healthy and fulfilling lives – based on a solid understanding of the essentials needs and resources we are all born with, whatever our circumstances or cultural background
- Helps us to identify why a person is experiencing their current difficulties and what can be done about it
- Avoids ideology and focuses on which brief, practical psychological interventions have been proven (not only by research, but also practical experience) to be effective for reducing emotional distress and behavioural problems
- Applies the very latest insights from neuroscience and psychological research
- Also brings new insights of its own
- Explains in clear terms the causes of a wide range of emotional distress and behavioural problems
- Uses the most effective psychotherapeutic techniques from a wide range of approaches, combining them into one highly effective and flexible ‘tool box’
- Provides a practical, holistic way of working with patients and enables therapy to be easily tailored to each individual’s needs
- Draws on knowledge from other disciplines and cultures and provides a highly practical, ‘joined up’ way of working that looks at at the bigger picture in order to see what’s not working in a person’s life and why
Excellent, practical and empowering – a genuine breath of fresh air in the world of psychology and therapySenior Mental Health Practitioner
- Is brief and solution-focused, aiming to help individuals regain control over their lives as quickly as possible (therapists are taught to help their clients feel an improvement from the very first session)
- Patients invariably respond quicker to this approach and it is suitable for even the most severely ill patients
- Uses clear, jargon-free language which makes it easy for practitioners to explain to their clients, whatever their age, the causes of their distress and how human givens therapy can help
- It encourages clients to use their own volition and empowers them by helping them to understand their symptoms and why they got into difficulties, as well as what they need to do to avoid them in the future, whilst also providing them with effective strategies to help them cope if they do
- Because this knowledge about human psychology, emotional health and behaviour is so fundamental to every human interaction and endeavour, the skills and knowledge encompassed in this approach are widely applicable to a wealth of other fields
- The approach also provides helpful explanations and powerful interventions for clients who struggle with pain, physical illness and disability – a major challenge for a significant minority of people who seek help.
- Provides a shared language – a lingua franca – that also allows clear and jargon-free communication between practitioners of different disciplines as well as with clients
- The approach doesn’t only look at what’s not working in clients’ lives, it also uses their strengths, skills and resources in order to effect self-generated change and enhance their sense of self-mastery – helping build resilience against any future setbacks in life.
The skills and knowledge you will learn on this highly-regarded course have wide-ranging applications...Find out more